ARQUIMEA honoured at the A Tu Salud awards as ‘Health Technology Company’

June 30, 2023
  • In the 12th edition of the A Tu Salud Awards 2023, La Razón recognises ARQUIMEA for its work in prevention.
  • The company has decided to invest in genetics to detect risk factors that each individual carries in their DNA and to be able to act on them today, delaying or preventing their appearance.
  • For ARQUIMEA’s health area, it is not about curing or treating the ailment, but about acting today to improve our health tomorrow.

The 12th edition of the A Tu Salud Awards 2023 took place on 20 June at the headquarters of La Razón (Madrid). The awards ceremony was presented by journalist Marta Robles and was attended by the Minister of Health, José Manuel Miñones Conde, and the acting Minister of Health of the Community of Madrid, Enrique Ruiz Escudero.

With nearly 500 attendees, the gala brought together doctors and pharmacists of the highest national prestige, laboratories, the technology industry and mutual health insurance companies.

In this twelfth edition, framed in the 25th anniversary of the newspaper La Razón, 28 awards were given to the leaders of the sector. ARQUIMEA received the award for the health technology company for its role in prevention through the use of genetics. Novartis, Janssen, MSD, DKV, Viatris and other companies and laboratories also received awards.

In addition, five special awards were presented to recognise the work of individuals or institutions that have made a milestone in their fields of work. From the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products (Aemps), for its work during the pandemic, or the Hospital 12 de Octubre in Madrid, which this year celebrates its 50th anniversary, to the Puigvert Foundation, as a centre of excellence in the use of robotic surgery, Quironsalud for its work in healthcare digitalisation and Sylentis for its ophthalmological innovation.


ARQUIMEA, award for health technology company

Since 2018, when ARQUIMEA started its activity in the health sector, its aim has been to improve the culture of prevention through technology. “It is not about curing or treating the ailment, but about acting today to improve our health tomorrow and even prevent it from appearing. The current and future challenge of health is not only to live longer, but to live better those years we have”, explains Pablo Alises to La Razón.

For this reason, the company has decided to invest in genetics, as it allows the detection of risk factors that each individual carries in their DNA, in order to act on them today and prevent possible alterations or diseases in the future.

In its commitment to prevention, ARQUIMEA has launched Well_iD, a line of genetic tests that allows health professionals to identify the predisposition of each patient to suffer from certain diseases. Knowing these risks makes it possible to design personalised routines, treatments or nutritional plans to prevent a disease from appearing or to prolong the time until it manifests itself.

“This award is the recognition of 18 years of experience investing in technologies and services that contribute to solving the challenges of our society. And specifically to the ARQUIMEA Healthcare area for our commitment to genetics and epigenetics to improve the culture of prevention” declared Pablo Alises, General Manager of ARQUIMEA Healthcare.


Well_iD, a line of genetic tests for every health area

Genetics determines 60% of gene expression; however, the remaining 40% depends on external factors, so having direct access to our genetic information is invaluable. Well_iD allows us to improve this self-knowledge in order to personalise our life habits (these external factors) to our specific needs.

From knowing our disposition to possible premature ageing of the skin or our body characteristics to improve sports performance and avoid the appearance of injuries, to potential nutritional and digestive problems.

ARQUIMEA firmly believes in the capacity of our lifestyle habits to optimise our genetics and in the importance of prevention not only to improve diagnosis but also prognosis.