The IHP is an institute of the Leibniz Association and conducts research and development of silicon-based systems and ultra high-frequency circuits and technologies including new materials. It develops innovative solutions for application areas such as wireless and broadband communication, aerospace, biotechnology and medicine, automotive industry, security technology and industrial automation. The IHP employs approximately 300 people.
IHP`s SiGe BiCMOS Technologies for Space Applications:
- IHP offers 0.13/0.25 µm high performance SiGe BiCMOS technologies
- They provide integrated HBTs up to 500 GHz, LDMOS and RF MEMS
- The radiation hard 0.25 µm SGB25RH and the 0.13 µm SG13RH technologies are being evaluated by ESA and DLR
- IHP offers design kits and IC blocks for partners and customers
- It operates an 8” (200 mm) pilot line for technological developments and the preparation of ASICs, located in a 1000 m² class 1 cleanroom.
IHP`s Space Related Design Research:
- Design of IP blocks for high frequency & high speed operation
- Design approaches for low noise high frequency signals
- System level fault tolerant methodology for space applications
- Proprietary Triple Modular Redundancy methodology for fault protection compatible to the standard design flow
- Architectural framework for adaptable multiprocessors supporting online reconfiguration to the fault tolerance and reliability requirements
ARQUIMEA and IHP have signed a collaboration agreement for the joint development, promotion and commercialization of IC parts and processes based on IHP technologies for space applications.