ARQUIMEA designs and develops custom actuators under request, based on smart materials, for super-elastic applications and ready to work under extreme environmental conditions, according to our Clients’ specifications.
Our main heritage resides in low-shock, non-explosive, SMA triggered linear and rotary mechanisms for space applications, but our mechanisms have also been demanded by other sectors, such as automotive, industrial or medical.
- Dust sensor cleaning for Mars. Smart embedded rotary actuator (Space)
- Hinge rotary actuator for solar panels’ deployment (Space)
- SMA technology for artificial muscle applications in Space (Space)
- Petrol cap door opening actuator (Automotive)
- Exhaust pipes with variable geometry (Automotive)
- Retractile radiator cover (Automotive)
- Passive belt tensioner (Automotive)
- SMA-based valve (Medical)
Petrol cap door opening SMA actuator (automotive)
Mars Dust Wiper. SMA-based rotary actuator for sensor cleaning in Mars (v2)
Mars Dust Wiper. SMA-based rotary actuator for sensor cleaning in Mars (v1)
SMA-based valve (Medical)